Friday, October 18, 2013

Bobby Hamilton

A lot has happened in our world lately.  On September 16th Adam was on his way to work when he got a phone call from the West Jordan Police telling him that his brother Bobby had passed away.  Adam immediately drove to his house and knelt down by his side.  He said that sadness and emotion rushed over him.  He worried about him and wanted so badly to wake him up and make it better.  From there the events of planning and putting on a funeral took place.  Bobby was buried in the Utah Veterans Cemetery located in Bluffdale on Friday, September 20th.  His funeral service took place at Perry Farms LDS Chapel.  All his brothers, Aaron, Andrew and Adam spoke.  Mack gave the opening prayer, I gave the closing prayer, and my mom Jolene gave the family prayer.  He was dressed in a turquoises blue shirt, tie, black slacks, and a black hat.  He looked good, however he was cleaned shaved which in life Bobby never was.  It was a week of non stop, emotions and tears. I created a video and I spent hours nonstop putting it together.  I kept hoping it was what he would like.  As I arranged the photos I kept wanting to reach in the screen and give him a hug and tell him that I love him.  I know that I will see him again and that families are forever.  I know that he is in a better place that he can find peace, joy and love.  I know that life was not easy and that he had a constant fight to find his place.  I know that can now be free and become the man he can.  The day after the funeral Noah woke up in the middle of the night, so the two of us walked around the house admiring all the beautiful flower arrangements from the funeral.  I stared in shock at the arrangements to think that what took place really did happen. As I studied the flowers a line from Adam's talk came to mind. He shared a quote from Elder Russell Nelson, "As seedlings of God, we barely blossom on earth; we fully flower in heaven." I can't wait to see Bobby blossom.

































































No comments: